Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Thandiwe Shiphrah and Daniel Arite Bring Art and Soul to Nashville


Thandiwe Shiphrah and her man Daniel Arite came to Nashville several years ago from New Mexico and have been spreading their brand of poetry, music, and art in the Music City ever since. The two will be throwin’ down some inspiring and energetic poetry and music at Art and Soul, 2305 12th Ave South in Nashville on Saturday, February 15 at 8 p.m.

Thandiwe, known for her uplifting and spirit-filled spoken word performances, and Dan, an awesome musician and visual artist, are sure to please the crowd. Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind event.

I’m anxiously waiting for Thandiwe to hold one of her life changing women’s gatherings soon. She doesn’t know this, but I started writing a poem during the last gathering that has turned out to be one of my most profound pieces, called “Lost in America.” Please plan another gathering soon, Thandiwe!

For more information about Dan’s music career click here. Read more about Thandiwe's work here. You can also listen to samples from their CD at www.cdbaby.com/bosch.

Here’s the flyer for the event. Click on the flyer to read the information about the show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of attending Thandiwe's women and creativity retreat and must say that I too was inspired. While I do not write a piece every day, or every week, or even every month...I do consider myself (among other things) a writer. I write when I am inpired and moved to do so or when I have a strong need to release and surrender. Attending Thandiwe's retreat help to remind me of how wonderfully healing and motivating writing is for me. Thanks Thandiwe for inspiring me to remember and nurture my first love. Also, I am pleased to announce that Thandiwe will be doing a one-woman show hosted by Creative Artist of Tennessee (a non-profit organization I work for) on March 31st. This event coincides with CATS celebration of Women's Month and the organization will be presenting the Woman of the Year Award to an outstanding woman--WHO?--Get your ticket and come celebrate with us. Enjoy Thandiwe's fabulous performance, good food, good company, and help salute a Woman of Good Character. For more information contact Creative Artists of Tennessee.

Cappuccino Soul said...

Quintella,
I remember you reading your piece at Thandiwe's gathering. And yes, sister, you are indeed a writer.
Keep on doin' it!
I can't wait to attend the Creative Artists of Tennessee gathering. I know it will be inspiriting!
In sisterhood,
Alicia