Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Friday, August 01, 2008

Jonathan Green and Diego Rivera at the Thrift Store


I couldn't believe my luck this week as I went hunting for art at area thrift stores. I wrote about a Jonathan Green piece that I found at The Salvation Army last December on Central Avenue and now I've found two more really great pieces. One is another Jonathan Green print of two Gullah children fishing by the water, and the other is a Diego Rivera piece of a woman holding a bunch of gorgeous white Calla Lilies.

One of the Rivera prints that I found is on this page. I can't find a picture of the exact Green print that I found but here are some examples of his brilliance.

I found the Diego Rivera print for $3.99 at the Salvation Army and the Jonathan Green print was a mere $3.00 at the Habitat for Humanity Restore on Wendover Road. I'm still smiling ...................

6 comments:

Shondell said...

WoW, Wow, and WOW!!! I cannot believe your good fortune! Call it kharma for the literary joy you bring to others!

Cappuccino Soul said...

Shondell,
You should have seen the look on my face when I saw that Jonathan Green print for $3!
An older gentleman was standing behind me in line when I bought the piece. After I told the cashier that Jonathan Green was one of my favorite artists, the man said "I knew that was his work when I saw it." Then I pointed to the price and he just shook his head and pretended to try to take the picture away from me. He said, "That's mine!" and I just laughed and walked away.
:-)
It's great to think that more good karma is coming my way.
Peace!
Alicia

Anonymous said...

Very cool Alicia! I bet that art looks great in your place.

Cappuccino Soul said...

Anonymous,
I've found the perfect spot for the Jonathan Green piece. (And you're right. It is lovely and I love looking at it).
I'm still waiting to feel where to put the Diego Rivera work.
:-)

Cappuccino Soul said...

I gave the Diego Rivera piece away last summer.

Anonymous said...

I think every person should glance at this.
you may 9 | superb check | you may 4 this here | also 1 | check 8 good 2 | look site