Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Got to Find My Joy


Here's one of those singers that would have me down in front of the stage with my head down and arms pumping in the air, perhaps even singing loudly along with her because she's singing MY song! Bettye Lavette puts her stamp on "Joy" like she wrote it, but actually Lucinda Williams penned this tune. Lucinda's version is country with a little blues mixed in, while Lavette's version is ALL Blues.

Every time I hear Bettye sing "Joy," I can't help but move, lift my hands in the air and sing right along with her because I know where she's coming from. Sing Bettye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl you are DEEP…and we are always on the same page…. I LOOOOVVVEEE YOU!....

Cappuccino Soul said...

Bettye Lavette is the deep one girl. You see how she's pointing like "I'm gon' get my joy back!" I discovered her last summer and love to watch her sing and move. She's a true blues singer!

I love you back.

Alicia