Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Monday, October 16, 2006

Never Stop Dancing!

My four-year-old daughter and I were dancing Saturday night to music from Jill Scott's Beautifully Human CD. We both love Jill's song "Golden" and sing it often. Although she's still struggling to learn most of the words, she does know the "livin' my life like it's golden" part and will sing that loudly. Before "Golden" we listened to "I am Not Afraid," as a warm up. I wasn't sure whether we should dance to that tune because a few of the lyrics are a bit too provocative for a little girl. But my daughter really identified with the song and made up her own short spoken word piece as we were dancing.

"We're not afraid because we're women! We're strong and brave and we'll never stop dancing!"

"Right mommy?" she asked.

"That's right babe!" And we continued to dance.

No comments: