Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Friday, October 04, 2013

Loveless: My Wounds are Deep and Gaping


From "Loveless" by 4 Hero and Ursula Rucker

This is really about the Earth and her children, but read into it what you will:

They've loved me as would an unfaithful lover,
part-time and half-assed,
Now unmasked
is their deceit.
No more sweet,
sneaky thrill seekings.
Tomorrow brings
nevers and nothings.
Ended days
for my world
and its unchanging ways.
Now,
apocalyptic truths
of revelations hasten our omega
my children's and mine.
Each time
my breath, skin and tears are polluted and poisoned by their careless games and toys and
this is only the beginning
of my children's sinning.



Read all the lyrics here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A VERY STRONG HEART WRENCHING POEM.

MaDear

Cappuccino Soul said...

I wholeheartedly agree. She's saying a LOT here and then some. She has a powerful poetic voice.