Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Friday, August 09, 2013

George Duke: Just for You


George Duke was a masterful musician and I'm going to miss him about as much as any of his fans out there. I love the more popular songs, but for me, it was his slow, sensuous songs with the odd harmonies that I loved the most. Three songs come to mind when I talk about this: "Just for You," "The Way I Feel" and "No Rhyme or Reason." There is also one of the upbeat songs that I love to dance to that's also a masterpiece, especially during the instrumental sections -- "I Want You for Myself." Here's "Just for You" and "The Way I Feel," since listeners are less likely to have heard these. R.I.P. George Duke and thank you for enriching our lives with your songs, and I appreciate the world influences you infused in much of your work.

 
 I just realized that the first words that this woman is singing are: "Strong, and wise, and free"............wow Here are the links to "No Rhyme or Reason" and "I Want You For Myself"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always come through for me and I want to thank you.

MaDear

Cappuccino Soul said...

MaDear,

If that means you appreciate George Duke's music -- join the crowd!

He was so gifted. These are very moving songs that mean a lot to me.

:-)

Alicia

Anonymous said...

yes george duke was one of the greatest. i enjoyed his collaborations with rachelle ferrell.

Cappuccino Soul said...

yes, rachelle ferrell is featured on No Rhyme, No Reason and I think they did another song together, but I can't think of it. George Duke is her Godfather, I believe.