Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Jazzanova: DJ Collective from Germany




Jazzanova, a DJ collective from Germany, caught my attention as I was listening to the Acid Jazz radio section of Last.fm. The sounds these guys make seem to be coming from everywhere, with some jazz samples, sultry vocals and funk drum riffs. When I read that they had done some work with poet/spoken word artist Ursula Rucker, I knew they had something unique to offer. As soon as I get Jazzanova’s CD “In Between” in the mail (you better believe I ordered it straight after hearing “L.O.V.E. and You and I”), it will become the new music that I listen to, over and over and over, while driving.

Here’s “L.O.V.E. and You and I”:




"Sirens have nothing on my song, my song is ageless." 
   -- Ursula Rucker



No comments: