- MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles (one bag)
- 1 1/2 large onions, diced or sliced
- 1 green, yellow or orange pepper, diced or sliced
-1 can black or kidney beans (15 or 16 oz. is good)
- 2 (6 oz.) small cans tomato paste (or you can use a 16 oz. can of stewed tomatoes) -- I prefer the tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder (or you can buy one of those prepared packets of chili mix)
- 2 dashes of cayenne pepper (less if you know your family doesn't like spicy foods)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 dashes of cumin (optional)
- 3 dashes of curry powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar (you can use the other sugar if you'd like)
- 1 tablespoon of basil seasoning
- Enough salt to suit your taste
Place the diced onions and green pepper in a large pot filled with about 1 cup of water. Boil until the green pepper and onions are tender.
Put the bag of MorningStar Farms crumbles in the pot with the onions and green peppers. Cook until the crumbles are soft. (You may need to add a bit more water to the pot at this point).
Now add the chili powder, along with the other seasonings. Spoon in two cans of tomato paste, adding enough water to liquefy the paste a bit.
Add the black beans or kidney beans. Stir to mix the ingredients well. Cook to a boil. After the chili boils for about three minutes, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 20 minutes.
My daughter and I like to spoon this chili over rice. But of course you can eat it any way you'd like, including with corn chips. I also usually serve corn on the cob with this meal.