Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Feeling Good! Thanks to God and Nina Simone


I'm startin' the New Year right with a theme song that makes me wanna fly! Goodbye to the old and hello to the bright and shining newness that God is sending my way! Thank you Lord, I'm feeling good! If you click below to hear Nina Simone sing one of her signature songs, she'll spread some of the good feeling on you too!



If you can't view the Youtube clip, click here to listen to Nina sing "Feeling Good"

Feeling Good
(made popular by the grand Nina Simone)
Lyrics and music by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse

Birds flying high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Reeds driftin on by you know how I feel

(refrain:)
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

Fish in the sea you know how I feel
River running free you know how I feel
Blossom in the tree you know how I feel

(refrain)

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, dont you know
Butterflies all havin fun you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done
That's what I mean

And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me

Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the pine you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very fitting for this new year!
I love Nina Simone and was just playing "Here comes the sun" yesterday!
Thanks for the added inspiration!

Anonymous said...

That's amazing; I've been singing this song since the election, and just got a CD with this song on it.
Happy New Year.

Lisa D.

Cappuccino Soul said...

Regina,
Nina Simone is a QUEEN!!! I love her voice, music, everything. She has done so much for me with her artistry over the years.
Enjoy!

Cappuccino Soul said...

Lisa,
Great minds think alike! I LOVE Nina's voice, music, and everything about her. I grew up on her music.
Happy New Year Girl!
Kiss your babies for me.
Love,
Alicia

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling good. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Andrea

Cappuccino Soul said...

Andrea,
Happy New Year to you too! I am definitely feeling good and VERY optimistic about the future.
Peace,
Alicia

Anonymous said...

What a theme song. I can see you walking down the street and Nina singing and the horns playing and your stride bouncing to the beat of the band. The sky is blue and the sun shine reflecting in your eyes. Gone Girl do your thang!!

YOUR MADEAR IS SMILING!

Cappuccino Soul said...

Hey Madear!
That's a wonderful image that I might just use in a project.
:-)
Thanks for that.
You don't know how many times I've thought of giving you a Nina Simone recording for a gift. You might just get one for one of those special days.
Love,
Alicia