Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Vote Early - Party Afterwards


Here's a message that I received this morning from a family member that I had to share with you. It's important because it urges everyone to get out and vote -- early if you can. I was determined to vote last night and did so at my neighborhood library. Not too surprisingly, there was almost a hiccup with my attempt to vote. There was a little mix up that happened when the poll worker was trying to determine my correct address. Needless to say, I was about to get loud until I thought to bring out my voter registration card, which I had handily tucked in my wallet. Let's be ultra prepared when we go to the polls OK? 

Here's the message: 

My People,

If you have early voting in your state I would like to challenge you to get up early and vote this Saturday! Get with your friends and make it an outing, meet for breakfast afterward, or a play date in the park for your kids.

The election is so important -- more important than just the 1st black President which is what the opposition wants you to think.

How about health care, taxes, education, the future of Social Security and Medicare, affirmative action -- even our right to vote! There is so much on the line we can’t be caught sleeping.

Please get out and vote as soon as you can!!!!

Peace and Blessings,
TA

No comments: