Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Friday, December 07, 2007

Back on the Block

Another mess has occurred in my old neighborhood up in Delaware. A woman from Wilmington must have seen the article about the shooting that happened last night in Rosegate. She was searching for information on my old stomping grounds and found this blog and the stories I've written about Rosegate. She then sent me the News Journal link which tells the sad story of an 18-year-old man who shot a 34-year-old man on the first block of Thorn Court in the Rosegate community (across the street from our old house). The teenager is wanted for first-degree attempted murder, possession of a firearm during a felony and possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited.

The article says "he should be considered armed and dangerous." No kidding.

I'll have to keep Rosegate and its people in my prayers, including my parents who live real close to the place now.

Here are my past posts on "The Gate:"

Where We Come From: Rosegate

More Trouble in Rosegate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless Rosegate and its many residents.

Cappuccino Soul said...

Yes, may God shower Rosegate's people with abundance and protection.
Thanks for your good thoughts.