Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ask and it Shall be Given to You

I'm asking a lot from God right now so I am meditating on these words from the Bible:

Luke 11:9-10
"So I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who seeks finds; and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."

And here are the words in that beautiful Gullah language that I love to read, hear, and dream about:

"A da tell oona say, aks God and e gwine gii ya wa ya aks fa. Look ta God, an ya gwine find wasoneba ya da look fa. Knock ta God door, an e gwine open um ta ya. Cause de poson wa aks, God gwine gim wa e aks fa. De poson wa look ta God, e gwine find wasoneba ya da look fa. An de poson wa knock ta God door, God Gwine open de door ta um."

Amen and alleluia! Praise God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading the passages you post in the Gullah language. There's something about it that stirs my mind and spirit. Beautiful.

I believe "ask and you shall receive" is absolutely true in spiritual matters, and sometimes true in material ones. But we also must help others (which I know you do a lot) because sometimes we are the vehicle for someone else receiving what they need.

Cappuccino Soul said...

Yes, the Gullah language is gorgeous. It really moves me.

Yes, I believe I have helped others in the past and I'll continue to look for ways to do so in the future. But right now, I need all the help I can get and God is the one I'm asking to help me.
:-)

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt that God will, and is already helping you.
Hang in there, my dear.